October 21, 2016 – MHA has developed a checklist to help hospital leaders stay on track as you work to meet HSCRC’s recommendations for a full global budget update for the second half of the fiscal year. The checklist includes the text of the original eight HSCRC recommendations, actions you and your team can take to help you achieve them, and links to resources and activities that can support your efforts.
With regard to HSCRC’s third recommendation, “obtain data for care redesign activities,” HSCRC staff have scheduled seven webinars to provide hospitals with detailed information on the amendment to the All-Payer Model and on care redesign programs. The amendment, approved by CMS earlier this month:
• Gives hospitals and their care partners access to comprehensive Medicare data across the care continuum that supports care coordination and a focus on controlling total cost of care
• Creates the next steps toward total cost of care and delivery system transformation
Under the amendment, the first two care redesign programs are:
• the Complex and Chronic Care Improvement Program (CCIP)
• the Hospital Care Improvement Program (HCIP)
Seven webinars are scheduled:
• Webinar 1: (1 p.m. Friday, October 21) – Amendment Overview and Implementation Timeline of Care Redesign Programs
• Webinar 2: (9 a.m. Tuesday, October 25) – Care Partner Approval Process
• Webinar 3: (9 a.m. Wednesday, November 2) – CCIP Program Template and Implementation Protocol
• Webinar 4: (9 a.m. Friday, November 18) – HCIP Program Template and Implementation Protocol
• Webinar 5: (9 a.m. Wednesday, November 30) – Comprehensive Medicare Data Process and Use
• Webinar 6: (9 a.m. Wednesday, December 7) – Care Redesign Program Monitoring
• Webinar 7: (9 a.m. Friday, January 13) – Care Partner Agreements
During each webinar, participants will have the opportunity to ask questions of HSCRC, the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Innovation, MHA, and CRISP. For those who cannot attend, webinar recordings will be posted on the HSCRC website. If you have any questions or comments, email email@example.com.