What is HIE?
Health Information Exchange, or HIE, is the technology that supports the flow of health information between physician practices, hospitals, labs, radiology centers, and other health care institutions. HIE allows delivery of the right health information to the right place at the right time, providing safer, more timely, efficient, patient-centered care.
What are the benefits of HIE to my practice?
- Help you make more informed treatment decisions, improving outcomes
- Improved care coordination among health care providers
- Achieve State and Federal program incentives
- Strict security safeguards to ensure patient health information is protected against unauthorized use
- The future vision of the HIE is to provide one-stop access to your patients’ health information
Information Available Through the HIE
- Lab Results
- Radiology Reports
- Discharge Summaries
- Consultation Notes
- History and Physical Notes
- Operative Notes
- Secure Clinical Messaging and Referrals
How Do I Connect?
To learn about connecting to the HIE, please contact CRISP for further information. You may also speak with your EHR vendor or, if you are participating in the Regional Extension Center program, your MSO.